Below you can find sources for facts and statistics we have used in recent campaign materials.
- Between 2010 and 2020, Pittsburgh lost 10,000 Black people. Wilkinsburg lost 2,000.
- Source: U.S. Census 2010 & 2020
- Additional reading: https://www.publicsource.org/pittsburgh-allegheny-county-census-2020/
- Homelessness in Allegheny County increased by 19% this year.
- Allegheny County closed two homeless shelters so far this year.
- 45% of Black children in our region live in poverty.
- Incumbent County Councilor for District 10, Dewitt Walton voted against paid sick days.
- Incumbent County Councilor for District 10, Dewitt Walton voted against raising the minimum wage to $20/hour for county workers.